DBConvert for MySQL & DB2 is a reliable bi-directional database migration tool which allows you to convert from DB2 to MySQL, DB2 to MySQL Dump, DB2 to PHP Script, DB2 to DB2, MySQL to DB2, MySQL to MySQL, MySQL to MySQL Dump, and MySQL to PHP Script.
Convert databases from IBM DB2 to MySQL or from MySQL to IBM DB2 rapidly and reliably. Operate with a whole database or select only needed tables, fields, indexes and foreign keys to proceed. DBConvert for MySQL and DB2 is also applicable for MySQL database migration to another MySQL database. Moreover, DBConvert for MySQL and DB2 is quite well for copying DB2 database to another DB2 database.
Simplify the process of data migration and sync from MySQL to IBM DB2 with DBConvert/ DBSync software. Applications establish direct connections to source and destination databases to minimize time and maximize performance. Alternatively Dump file or PHP script may be used to overcome server limitations.
Depending on your choice, the whole source database may be transferred or you can specify separate tables, fields, indexes, primary keys and constraints for conversion or synchronization.
Data types are converted automatically or you can customize type mapping alternatively if requested. The program runs in both GUI and command line modes so it’s possible to automate the conversion process. Moreover, if you want to accomplish database transfers periodically based on a schedule, such functionality is also supported.
DBSync for MySQL and DB2 supports update, drop, and insert synchronization types to keep databases fresh with actual data.
To perform the database conversion or synchronization from MySQL/ MariaDB to IBM DB2 minimum database knowledge is required. Just follow several simple steps to execute migration job quickly and efficiently.
DBConvert for MySQL & DB2 is a reliable bi-directional database migration tool which allows you to convert from:
– DB2 to MySQL
– DB2 to MySQL Dump
– DB2 to PHP Script
– DB2 to DB2
– MySQL to DB2
– MySQL to MySQL
– MySQL to MySQL Dump
– MySQL to PHP Script
Convert databases from IBM DB2 to MySQL or from MySQL to IBM DB2 rapidly and reliably! Operate with a whole database or select only needed tables, fields, indexes and foreign keys to proceed! Reach the desired result by simply configuring of several options through Wizard interface or in command line mode! DBConvert for MySQL & DB2 is also applicable for MySQL database migration to another MySQL database. Moreover, DBConvert for MySQL & DB2 is quite well for copying DB2 database to another DB2 database.
– Interactive (GUI) mode / command line mode;
– CLOB, BLOB, BINARY LARGE OBJECT DB2 data types smooth conversion to MySQL types;
– Saving data into a MySQL Dump and PHP script for export to MySQL database;
– Feature to replace symbols in names of tables and fields (which are required not to be used as they are the symbols reserved for DBMS internal purposes) with a substitute symbol;
– Automation of the conversion process with task scheduler;
– Unicode Support/Connection character sets support: LATIN1, LATIN2, LATIN5, LATIN7, ARMSCII8, ASCII, CP1250, CP1251, CP1256, CP1257, CP850, CP852, CP866, DEC8, GEOSTD8, GREEK, HEBREW, HP8, KEYBCS2, KOI8R, KOI8U, MACCE, MACROMAN, SWE7, TIS620, UTF8 (unicode charset);
– Primary keys and Indexes support;
– Foreign keys (relations) support;
– Advanced customization options:
– partial selection for database objects to be converted;
– database objects (tables, fields, indexes, foreign keys) tuning up before conversion;
– detection of possible conversion errors on customization stage.
– Sessions support – all your settings can be saved and restored later;
– Ability to connect to MySQL database servers and DB2 servers located on all Unix-like and Windows machines;
– Skins support;
– Windows 7/Vista/XP/2000/NT (NT only with Internet Explorer 4.01)
– At least 32 MB of RAM
– Necessary privileges to write into database on the target MySQL server (this requirement is optional as there is an option to overcome the restrictions using dump file or PHP Script ).
– Necessary privileges to write into empty database on the target DB2 server ;
– DB2 v.9.7 and latter
– MySQL v. 4.x. and v.5.x
Using MySQL to IBM DB2 conversion and synchronization tools.
When you start DBConvert or DBSync application in GUI mode it guides you through several steps to set up the database migration or synchronization:
1. Connect to MySQL source database.
If a source database requires you to log in, you can specify a user name/ password and host/ port parameters.
2. Connect to IBM DB2 destination database.
Specifying parameters for destination database looks like the same as for source. Usually, it consists of defining connection settings and username/password pairs.
NOTE #1: Every DBConvert or DBSync tool has two different databases in its name. That means any specified database from a pair can be set up as a source or destination. Besides, the same type of database may be set up both as a source or destination.
As an example, here is the list of possible migration directions with on-premises databases:
- MySQL to IBM DB2
- IBM DB2 to MySQL
- MySQL to MySQL
- IBM DB2 to IBM DB2
NOTE #2: Don’t be confused by the fact that connections to cloud databases like Amazon RDS, Google Cloud, and Heroku are not explicitly specified in the configuration of a source or destination in the DBConvert / DBSync interface. To connect to Cloud database instances, use the same settings as you do for traditional on-premises databases.
NOTE #3: Your connections to source and target databases stay active until you close DBConvert/ DBSync application or reopen new connections on “source” and “destination” steps.
Read more about the specific source/ destination configurations for different databases.
3. Custoimzation and configuration.
At the next step, you can specify precisely which tables, fields, indices, views you want to transfer to the IBM DB2 destination database. Just check/ uncheck the box in front of each database object you want to convert.
Customize general database/ tables settings. Or set up a particular table , field, index individually when migrating data from MySQL to IBM DB2.
Check out our articles about Custoimzation and configuration. for detailed information.
The screenshot below sums up general features available in DBConvert software solutions.
- Workaround for firewalls and access rights
- Views translation
- Flexible customization for all db elements
- Bulk Insert and Quantization options for speed-up processing of big volume of data
- Conditional data migration. Data Filters.
- Full UNICODE architecture support
- Data mapping
- Proactive detection of potential data migration issues
- Command line mode. Scheduling
- Savable sessions
4. Detection of potential database migration issues. Errors and Warnings
The database typically constrains certain relations on the data that cannot be violated. On the customization step, a smart error checker verifies all possible Data integrity and Referential integrity issues and highlights them, if any, before performing a migration.
By default, DBConvert tries to automatically map the database types of the source MySQL database to the closest equivalent of the target IBM DB2 database types. However, you can manually change the data types for the entire database globally using the “Global mapping” or individually for each field.
Check out Smart error checker. Errors and Warnings for more information.