Calibre Portable helps organize and keep track of your e-books. You can read e-books though the app as well.
Sync and conversion: Through Calibre Portable, you can sync all of your e-books, so no matter where you want to read them, you’ll always pick them up in just the right place. You can also convert e-books from one format to another to make them compatible with various e-book readers and other mobile devices. Output format options include MOBI, EPUB, AZW3, FB2, HTMLZ, LIT, PDB, PDF, and more.
Customizing the look: There are also quite a few options available for customizing the appearance of the pages including the table of contents, the page setup, and the look and feel of the pages themselves.
Search: You can also search for new books directly through the app. When you use this feature, you’ll be presented with many options for each listing, so you can quickly find the best deal on the book you want to read next.
Freezing: This app did freeze and crash a couple of times during testing. It did always open back up again without issues, however.
Calibre Portable is a great option whether you have an extensive e-book library already or are just getting started. It provides clear options for syncing and converting e-books, as well as keeping them centrally located, so you can find what you’re looking for quickly.
WHAT’S NEW IN VERSION 4.9.1
- Much improved search functionality. Now all matches are displayed when searching in a side bar with a few words of context. Also supports searching using regular expressions.
- Edit book: The Check book function has a new, improved CSS checker with support for CSS 3
- Edit book: Add an “Open with” action to the context menu of the files browser to easily open files with external programs.
- Viewer toolbar: Add button to easily change color schemes
- version 4.9.1 fixes a couple of regressions in 4.9.0 with Check Book reporting false positives and an error when using the source editing view in the comments editor
- Comments editor: Fix inserted blank paragraph being rendered as two lines.
- PDF Output: Fix conversion of files containing
- Viewer: Fix failure to open some books that contain unparseable URLs.
- Viewer: Fix data displayed in side margins getting moved out of position when mouse hovers over side margin.
- Book details panel: When right clicking to save the cover, replace invalid characters in the suggested filename
- Fix harmless error popup when adding SSL key/certificate in server settings
- Dark mode: Fix colors in remove all formats except dialog
Improved news sources:
- Liberty Times